All year round we have reasons and occasions to celebrate. Birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, promotions, besides the usual Valentine’s, Christmas, and Mother’s Day celebrations prompt us to think about how to express our cheer through gifting. Usually, when it is time to think about gifts to ask for or to give to ourselves, the conventional gifts come to mind: brunch, day at the spa, pedicures, manicures, flowers, cute cards, perfumes, and so on. However, we seldom think about our sexuality as a part of us that is worth celebrating.
Here some sex gift ideas that promise to put a nice spin in your sex life:
- Sex Toys: Sex toys are a good way to explore your body, enhance masturbation, and intensify your sexual relationship with your partner. Sex toys are available online for a more convenient and discreet shopping experience and in sex stores for instant gratification.
I love to receive sex toys for every holiday! My boyfriend is very good about giving me gifts that I can enjoy with or without him. —Tammy A., Colorado Springs, CO
- Special Underwear: Underwear can be a nice gift, but what about special underwear? Shop for crotchless, edible or vibrating underwear instead. Crotchless panties are sexy and very enticing. Edible underwear can be a tasty and sensual treat for you or for both you and your partner. Vibrating panties can give you an enhanced masturbation experience and can be controlled by you or by your partner; some allow for controlling the underwear remotely for a range of up to12 feet.
- Sex Lubricants: If you suffer from vaginal dryness, sex may be uncomfortable and painful. Even if you have adequate lubrication, lubricants can increase your sensation, intensify your enjoyment, and lead to increased sexual pleasure and satisfaction for you and your partner. There are many types of lubricants (tingling, warming, cold, for anal sex, etc.). You can shop for specialty lubricants online, in sex stores, or find common ones in your local pharmacy.
- Illustrated Sex Book: Many of us are too busy to read sex encyclopedias. Rather, illustrated sex books, such as The Sex Bible and Kama Sutra Erotica among many others, are easy to browse, interesting to look at, and you can reference them quickly and without having to read massive volumes of information to reap the benefits.
- Couples Retreat: There are multiple options when it comes to sex retreats, sex camps, and tantric workshops. Basically, a sex retreat is a vacation to explore and strengthen communication and intimacy through sex. Prices vary and the reasons why couples sign up for these retreats is to learn, make time for each other, and take the relationship to a higher level. Search online for available options.
- Sex DVDs: Imagery is a powerful tool during sex. Educational, erotica, and/or porn DVDs are a good way to learn new tricks, get aroused, and incorporate new techniques in the bedroom. Whether you watch them solo or with your partner, sex DVDs can spice up your sex life and take it to new heights of enjoyment.
- Sex Games: You may play board games with your children. Why not incorporate games in the bedroom? Sex games are a fun way to add spark to your sex life. There are many games to choose from that you can buy in a sex store or online. Moreover, you can turn almost any board game you have into a sexy game.
- A Visit to the Doctor: Many women experience low libido after having children. Naturally, the demands of raising children put a strain on our bodies and minds, thus women may find they have less energy during the child rearing years. However, if you have experienced a significant decrease in your sexual arousal, this could be due to low levels of testosterone. According to Dr. Laura Berman, testosterone deficiency can occur after giving birth and the symptoms may include low energy, low mood, a decrease in genital sensation, and low libido. Getting your testosterone levels checked by your physician and discussing testosterone replacement options will help you get your sex life back on track.
I spent years without libido. I did not know what was wrong with me. I finally went to get my hormone levels checked and it turned out that my testosterone was depleted. After replacement therapy, I feel like my sexuality has awakened! I am aroused all of the time and my sex drive is probably stronger than ever. I am so thankful I finally got that taken care of. Now I am enjoying sex again! —Juanita B., Fort Worth, TX
Sex is fun, natural, and an important part of our lives. Celebrate life by celebrating your sexuality any time of the year. Put sex items on your wish list for upcoming important dates or just any day.
I want to know your opinion. To comment on this topic, leave your comment here. To send private comments, questions, or suggestions, email email@example.com.