Summer vacation is over! While this may bring tears to our kids’ eyes, we moms are weeping out of sheer joy! After wearing our “summer activity planner” hat for three months, we’re kind of glad it’s back to school season. Here’s why:
1. If you’re a stay at home mom, you can take naps while the kids are at school and recoup from summer exhaustion.
2. If you’re a work at home mom, you can actually work—at home—while the kids are at school.
3. You don’t have to listen to their incessant “Mommy, I’m boooored!” anymore!
Read Related: 10 Back to School Must-Haves
4. Your loads of laundry will be smaller if they have to wear a uniform.
5. You don’t have to go on day-long playdates and put up with your kids’ friends’ moms.
6. You have a reason to put them to bed really early so you can have some downtime.
7. You will, again, truly enjoy your weekends with them as they are gone most of the day during the week.
8. You will lose weight because you won’t be scarfing down their leftovers since they now eat lunch at school.
9. Nothing stands between your exercise routine and you … except you!
10. You can rebuild your strength and stamina for the next big vacation: winter break.
Did we miss anything? Why are you glad it’s back to school season?