We’re back from People en Español Festival, presented by Target, and after a weekend of Twitter parties, giveaways, makeovers and concerts, we’re back to our “regular” routine, if such a thing exists.
We’re already planning more Twitter parties with fantastic giveaways and interesting themes, so stay tuned for those!
And, here is our recap of the week on the blogosphere:
- We read on Latina.com that tonight, Sofía Vergara is joining a telethon to fight cancer. The title is Stand Up to Cancer and will air on ABC, NBC, Mun2, and HBO Latino, amongst other channels.
- Latinovations’ La Plaza featured guest blogger Alfredo Estrada, editor of Latino magazine. His piece addresses STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics), and how the Latino community needs to be made aware of the many careers available in these fields. That is the purpose of the upcoming conference Nuestro Futuro, the 2012 Latino Education Conference, on September 20 in Washington, DC.
- BabyCenter en Español has launched their new blog section! Congratulations! Blogs are a great way to interact and build community.
- Librotraficante.com invites Houston dwellers to listen to Sandra Cisneros speak, on October 1. “We not only won’t ban her books like Arizona did, but we’ll celebrate her work,” they state on their website.
- Read NBCLatino’s account of Obama and Biden´s speeches at the National Democratic Convention. “While recent polls have shown less enthusiasm among Hispanic voters than in 2008, Obama’s vigorous defense of the programs he instituted could resonate as he works to address the nation’s Hispanics,” states the article.
- Speaking of the upcoming elections, we invite you to take part in our Latina Moms Voter Survey. Who and what will influence your vote in November?
If you wish to submit an event or a milestone, whether your own or someone else’s to be considered for our Follow Friday Roundup, please e mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org