As I shared on Monday of this week, school is in session in many Southern states, and my back-to-school experience was less than perfect. But, gauging from the comments you left on the post, I’m not alone!
- Today, for our Follow Friday Roundup, I will start with the accomplishment of one of our contributors, Laura Fuentes, also known as SuperGlueMom. She just signed as Real California Milk’s back to school spokesperson. Congratulations!
- On another note, BlogHer published my Crib-Sheet, a downloadable practical guide for new moms, about raising your bicultural baby and preserving his or her Hispanic Heritage. Their idea of making the guides PDF downloadable and printable is brilliant, since busy moms of newborns cannot sit at the computer for extended periods of time. By saving or printing the tips for absolute beginners, they can read them while nursing baby or whenever they catch an unexpected break.
- Wise Latinas Linked had their third birthday this month. It is empowering to watch groups of strong like-minded Latinas grow.
- New Latina published an article entitled Have you ever fallen in love with you, by Minerva Guerrero, which reminds us to carry ourselves with confidence, stay away from unhealthy relationships and pamper ourselves.
- Many bloggers are at The Niche Mommy Conference in New Orleans. We wish them all a fun time and lots of networking opportunities, and I regret that my mommy duties didn’t allow me to go. Maybe next year! I met founder Justice Jonesie at Hispanicize 2012 and can’t wait to see her again.
- In the meantime, we are gearing up to attend BeBlogalicious, at the end of September in Vegas. I’ve seen many familiar faces on the attendee list and can’t wait to meet face to face for the first time, or reconnect!
If you wish to submit an event or a milestone, whether your own or someone else’s to be considered for our Follow Friday Roundup, please e mail me at email@example.com