It’s not a secret—hundreds of new beauty products come and go each year. However, there will always be a handful of cult-classic beauty products that stand the test of time, and never go out of style. These beloved goodies are la pièce de résistance, surviving crazy fashion seasons or specific trends, and no matter what your budget, style or personality, you simply must try them if you haven’t already.
Do you want to know which ones are worth the money…or the hunt?
Check out 20 popular beauty products that are sure to never disappoint.
1. Clinique Black Honey Almost Lipstick ($15.50) • It can be intimidating at first, but its combination of blue, red, yellow and orange pigments look beautifully sheer on every skin tone. Perfect for busy mamis.
2. MAC Lipsticks ($14.50) • I’m talking about Russian Red and Ruby Woo. These lipsticks are MAC’s top-selling reds, becoming cultishly popular even with celebrities.
3. Dior DiorShow Mascara ($25) • Whether its the jumbo brush or thick formula, this mascara does the trick. Besides, we all need a little Dior in our lives.
4. Nars Orgasm Blush ($28) • A shimmery peachy-rose blush (with an unforgettable name!) that looks good on practically any woman.
5. Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage ($30) • Although it falls on the heavier side (thus providing more coverage), Secret Camouflage is an award-winning concealer that keeps you flawless for hours. Laura Mercier also has a number one best-seller: her Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 ($43).
Read Related: Classic Lipsticks Of The Last 100 Years
6. Smith’s Rosebud Salve ($6) • 100 years later, it’s still going strong for softening lips, cuticles and dry patches with a lovely rose aroma.
7. Physicians Formula Bronzers ($11.95 and up) • A drugstore favorite, Physicians Formula is one of the pioneers in the bronze category, with a plethora of finishes to choose from.
8. Urban Decay Naked Palette ($50) • Believe or not, this is the eye makeup palette. It contains a perfect mix of neutrals, wearable shades (both shimmery and matte) that complement any skin tone.
9. Benefit Cosmetics Benetint ($29) • Originally created for tinting nipples on exotic dancers, this color-in-a-bottle is easy to use on cheeks and lips, as long as you blend quickly.
10. Make Up For Ever High Definition Foundation ($42) • A buildable foundation well-known for smoothing fine lines without feeling cakey, it’s a key product in TV shows or photo shoots.
11. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion ($25) • A vital part of our cherished and always-remembered 3-Step routine.
13. Kiehl’s Crème de Corps ($48.50) • Editors, celebrities and ladies around the world live by this super-rich body lotion. It’s worth the splurge!
14. Neutrogena Body Oil ($8.19) • Its light aroma and amazing texture gives Neutrogena Body Oil a million thumbs up. Go ahead, admit it; it has been living on your vanity since your teenage years.
15. Clarisonic Sonic Skin Cleansing System ($119 and up) • A relatively new yet extremely coveted beauty device that cleans off dirt, removes makeup and clears acne in no time.
16. BeautyBlender ($19.95) • This funny, egg-shaped sponge allows you to apply foundation in a natural, smooth-finished way. Not convinced? BeautyBlender is a backstage must-have and a staple among makeup artists, celebrities and models.
17. Tweezerman Slant Tweezers ($20) • No more ouch moments. The Slant makes tweezing easier and faster, and even though it’s a little more expensive, the company offers a lifetime guarantee.
19. Goody Spin Pin ($5.89) • Kiss your outdated bobby pins good-bye! These lightweight corkscrew pins are just what the doctor recommended for a chic updo or to create loose waves à la Gisele.
20. Mason Pearson Brush ($88-$190) • Okay, it’s not your average hair brush and it can cost you half your weekly salary, but your hair deserves this investment. Never pulls, helps de-tangle and it gives you a shiny finish with no frizz at all. You have to see it to believe it.